Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Decent

In this past month I've been in movie heaven with my recent membership to netflix, I'm beginning to add every damn movie I have ever wanted to see in my entire life; needless to say, my family's starting to realize they need to start putting their movies in it, or they'll be watching things like Hard Candy and Carrie for the rest of our netflix careers.

And knowing them, they would blow a blood vessel with all the good entertainment they'd be ingesting.

But anyway, I was able to get 2005's The Decent, and let me tell you, I am SOOO glad I did. I'm not going to do a full review simply because most of the people who read this have seen this movie and have been telling me for two years now to get off my lazy ass and get it; I should have listened.

5 friends every year go out and do some type of extreme sport, this year it's spelunking, oh you know, cave diving, the normal kind of stuff friends do. The year before they went white water rafting, that year the main character Sarah [played BEAUTIFULLY by Shauna MacDonald] got in to a horrible car accident because her husband was preoccupied with something, he and their young daughter Jessica [the second horror movie I saw within the past two months with a young girl whose stole my name] died.

Of course you find out later on in the movie, though they never say it out right, her husband was primarily preoccupied with Sarah's extreme friend Juno and Sarah's best friend Beth, knows. Oh she knows and she's all up in Juno's face once the bat people come to eat them.

All right let's get back to the spelunking, so they decide to go caves they all think are level 2's, you know baby caves. But what they don't know is that crazy extreme Juno has found some caves that no one has EVER been in. That is until Sarah gets stuck and the cave almost falls in on her and then the truth comes out as do the claws.

And then the bat people come out and try to kill them, and then Juno kills Beth and Sarah almost gets killed a million times and and and!!! AHHHH!!!

That's all I'm going to say, because that's how it is.

It's gets a 9.5/10.

Only a .5 minus for the bat creatures, look up Bat boy the musical and you'll see why.

-Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home