Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's been a While.

I miss you!

The reason why I ha vent been posting is my immediate lack of time and cash. And as we all know, no money, no movies. I haven't seen very many since, wow August 14th, and I believe, let me check... ah yes, I saw absolutely NO movies that I talked about in my fall movie preview, sad? Yes Sad.

I wont do a Winter Movie preview, simply because I hate movies that come out this time of the year. The only thing that looks appealing is Night at the Museum with Ben Stiller [December 22nd]. It has a host of characters, Owen Wilson, Dick Van Dyke, and Robin Williams to name a few. It looks hilarious and I will probably dish out the 8.75 to see it at my local theatre.

I did see a movie with my family on Thanksgiving, and I'll tell you what I couldn't have won a better game of rock, paper, scissors in my life.

Flushed Away is a hilarious romp by the guys that guys that brought up Wallace and Gromit. The premise is simple, Roddy [Hugh Jackman] is a pampered rat living on the surface, one day he wakes up and finds that a sewer rat has made his way in to the house while his masters are away. He tries to trick Sid [Shane Ritchie] in to getting in to the toilet saying that its a hot tub, Sid knows what he's trying to do and pushes him in. Roddy soon finds that he is in the sewers, he finds that there is an entire rat city down there, and on his way to try and get back to the surface he meets Rita [Kate Winslet] she's on the run from The Toad [Ian Mckellen] who is planning on drowning the town and making it all for frogs and toads.

To understand all the jokes in the movie, you have to be fan of British humor, pop culture and a little social commentary. I recommend it for the whole family, even if you understand the jokes a little bit better than the kids might.

I give it a 7 out of 10


I'm trying to get back in to blogging, so if any ones out there, hi-ee.

Oh and check this out from ew.com, all the rules that they've learned from watching scary movies, it's too funny.

-Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home