Friday, May 12, 2006

The Weekend


I finally got to to the video store yesterday, and it would be just my luck that I would have to come on the day that they were rearranging the store. Well I got 5/6 movies I wanted, sadly I could not find A Clockwork Orange and sadly I still don't own it. What a pathetic movie lover I am!

Well for what its worth I did rent:

  • The Shining [Stanley Kubrick Editon of Course]
  • The Devil's Rejects: Directors Cut
  • From Hell [Which I've never seen strangley being a Johnny Depp freak]
  • Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
  • Grandmas Boy: Unrated
Now what would I be doing with Grandmas boy you might ask? Well its simple really, I friggin love that movie. Stoner jokes and... a Karate Monkey. Sometimes I can't help myself but love stupid comedies. [I guess I get that from my boyfriend]. Its a Happy Madision Production [Adam Sandlers Production Company] So if you're a fan of older Adam Sandler movies [who isnt in it] or things like, Little Nicky, Dumb and Dumber or Detroit Rock City, this is the movie for you. Plus who dosent want to see Doris Roberts Stoned or Shirly Jones all over some young nerd?

Now what really bothers me about my selection is that I have never seen From Hell, being that I don't remember hearing much about it, which is really strange., but it has three things that I love: Horror, Jack the Ripper, and Johnny Depp. The only notable names in the movie are in fact the two main characters, Johnny Depp as Inspector Fred Abberline and Heather Graham as Mary Kelly a prostitute.

[Plot Summery]

I havent read it yet, so not to ruin the suprize. I'm not big in to knowing everything about a movie before I watch it. I like to critique something depending on how I feel about it after I watch the movie, having predispositions, is never a fun thing for anyone.

I plan on watching The Shining tonight, one of my all time favorite movies, it may just be that I love Jack Nicholson, [even though I hate Shelly Duvall] or that I just love anything orignally thought of by that master of simulated LSD trips, Steven King.

Who knows, but I got a big weekend of movie watching to do.

-Jess

p.s. Check this band out. If you're a fan of weird indie bands, these guys are for you, and here you can see them live and in person, well in video version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home