Friday, April 07, 2006

I Took The Wrong Pill

I think I took the wrong Pill everyone.

Cause this doesn’t look like the Matrix to me. Morpheus must have fucked up and gave me the blue pill instead, what an asshole huh? Well I guess I'll have to deal with this reality. It isn’t as bad as you may think it is though. In fact if you just open your eyes, it’s a pretty damn good reality. I mean sure, what if this isn’t real, what if this is all a "dream" [Ooooh], but doesn’t the saying go "Ignorance is Bliss"? That’s what I'm thinking.

I guess I'll tell you all a bit about myself, before I begin whatever I plan this blog to be about, hrm? Sound good to you; sounds good to me:

My name is Jess I'm 18 year old, I'm not a small girl, but damned if I aint huge. I'm happily taken, by my Mexican half, Chris. I only have about 5 people in the world I truly trust, I blame it on societies ignorance and teenage girls, just because I can.
I am a huge movie and music fan, if I could get a job watching movies at this age without a degree in film, you bet your ass I would. I love all types of movies from Drama to Comedy. I love horror movies the most, if it has blood, gore, intelligence and possibly vampires and zombies, you better believe I want to or have seen it.

I am a huge Tim Burton Fan. Not that I am a fan of the man himself particularly, his movies and not because their different, but because of the visual aids that they provide, aka the way they look. Understand? Let me explain, when you watch let’s say, Nightmare Before Christmas, what do you see? A Gothic fairytale by some freak, or do you see what I see; a beautiful Visual masterpiece, a heartwarming story of confusion, love and finding yourself? [As well as the most enticing and hauntingly beautiful score by the amazing conductor, Danny Elfman] His movies are amazing, and not just because he may be a little ‘different’, just because they are.

As for music, I could go on forever, I truly could. But if you want to stereotype me you could call me a ‘rocker’ but I’d rather not be generalized like that. In fact, there are days that I don’t even listen to ‘rock’ music. In fact I could go weeks without listening to it. I love Hip Hop, Pop, Folk, Indie, Singer Songwriters, Rap, Rock, Musicals, hell if you banged your head on your keyboard and said it was music. I would probably find some beauty in it. I mean isn’t that what most music is anyway?

Here are a few things you might here me listening to: AFI, The Decemberists, Eminem, Janes Addiction, Queen, Motion City Soundtrack, Marilyn Manson, Ozzy, Akon, Jewel, Anna Nalick, Natalie Imbruglia, Pearl Jam, Black Label Society, Jem and Rob Zombie; tell me that isn’t weird.

Some people would call me an enigma, sometimes a little crazy or just nigh a bit too opinionated. Others call me sweet, silly and at times an angel, though I’m not sure where the hell they got that from, but who can turn down a compliment like that? I love writing and history, I’m a nerd hidden by a personality that doesn't allow me to outwardly express my uber geekiness.

I accept it. Can you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home