Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I dunno Jim

<--Today’s blog brought to you by the ingenious mind that is Sam:

Ok you might be wondering who the utterly adorable chick mentioned above is. Well that's my best friend Sam. I had no inspiration whatsoever to write today so I asked her for a topic and a title, well after moments of some intense "deliberation" [which was really me waiting for her to respond] she finally came up with "Horse and I dunno Jim." Genius! I say, Genius! But there is a problem; I don't know anything about horses, actually not a damn thing. In fact, now this may sound weird, I know more about saddles than I do the horse itself. Well this is what I got out of my Google research:

a stallion is a male horse
a mare is a female horse
a foal is a baby horse

a filly is a young female horse
a colt is a young male horse
a foal is a yearling after its first birthday
a sire is the word used for the father of a horse
a dam is the word used for the mother of a horse

a pony is not a baby horse. It is a fully grown small horse
a horse's height is measured in hands. One hand = 4"

http://www.ultimatehorsesite.com/

Go there if you wan't to know more about horses.

Now enough about horses. Let's talk about something I wanna talk about... Star Trek! Ok not really, I mean sure I love it, but now is neither the time nor the place to talk about how hot I think Shatner was back in the day. How about some more movie stuff. These are the movies that are currently playing at the local theatre.





The Benchwarmers (PG-13)

Lucky Number Slevin ®

Take the Lead (PG-13)

Ice Age: The Meltdown (PG)

Slither ®

Inside Man (R)

She's the Man (PG-13)

V for Vendetta ®





Out of all of movies I think the only one that I am interested in would have to be Lucky Number Slevin, starring Bruce Willis (Sin City, 16 Blocks), Morgan Freeman (Batman Begins, Shawshank Redemption), Josh Harnett (Sin City), Ben Kingsly (Suspect Zero, Oliver Twist) and Luci Lui (Kill Bill, Domnio). With an all star cast like that, and a plot so devious, who wouldn’t be interested?:


"A case of mistaken identity puts a man named Slevin (Josh Hartnett) in the middle of a war between two rival New York crime lords: The Rabbi (Ben Kingsley) and the Boss (Morgan Freeman). While under the watchful eyes of Detective Brikowski (Stanley Tucci) and well-known assassin Goodkat (Bruce Willis), Slevin must quickly devise a plan to save his skin before his luck runs out."

It's just too perfect. A mob movie, funny names and Morgan Freeman, how can you not like Morgan Freeman? I mean its Morgan Freeman! I plan on seeing this movie as soon as funds allow me. Plus I hear that there is a couple pretty hot scenes that include Lui and Harnett. Its just something I would like to see.


The only other movie I may have any interest in at all is Stay Alive, for the sheer ridiculous of the movie. I have had it recommended to me more than once, because of this fact. Also baby faced Frankie Muniz is in it, cursing and all! I just must see it.

- Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home